Originally trained in technology sales, Gail draws on her technical background to develop real estate systems as well as training materials covering topics from Architecture to Social Media. She became well educated about real estate sales through the best teacher - firsthand experience. After personally moving eleven times in fourteen years as a corporate transferee, Gail learned plenty about buying and selling homes all over the country. Upon returning to her hometown of Richmond, Virginia in 1993, Gail affiliated with Bowers, Nelms & Fonville, now owned by Long & Foster, and quickly became a top producer.
Complementing Gail’s broad knowledge of the Richmond real estate scene is her commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and community service. Gail has served on various committees of the Richmond Association of REALTORS® and in the Richmond community through C.A.R.I.T.A.S. (Churches Around Richmond Involved to Assure Shelter), United Way, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Prevent Child Abuse Virginia, Make a Wish Foundation, American Heart Association, Chesterfield and Henrico County Business Councils, Richmond’s Workforce-Education Committee, Special Olympics, Habitat for Humanity, and is a member of Salisbury Presbyterian Church where she sings in the Chancel Choir and has served as Moderator of the Diaconate, Chairman of Stewardship, and also on numerous committees. Gail has participated in mission work including youth mission tours, post-Katrina clean-up in Mississippi and other local, state, national and global Presbyterian missions.
Gail currently serves as State President of the Women’s Council of REALTORS® and was named the Virginia Member of the Year in 2012.
Gail’s real estate career developed as follows:
• Corporate Marketing Team, Coldwell Banker® Real Estate Corporate Headquarters, Orange County, California, 1980-1982
• Real Estate Sales, Flo Smerconish REALTORS®, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, 1991-1993
• Real Estate Sales, Bowers, Nelms & Fonville REALTORS®, Richmond, Virginia, 1993-1994
• Real Estate Sales, Virginia Properties®, Distinguished Achiever every year, 1994-1998
• Relocation Director, Virginia Properties, Richmond, Virginia, 1997-1998
• Director, Corporate Services, Napier REALTORS®, ERA®, Midlothian, Virginia, 1999-2001
• Session Instructor & Speaker, ERA Annual International Conference, Tampa Bay, Florida 1999
• Regional Account Manager, Long & Foster® Home Service Connections®, Fairfax, Virginia, 2001 - 2004
• Branch Manager, Long & Foster® Patterson Office, Richmond, Virginia, 2004 – 2010
• Long & Foster Manager of the Year, Productivity, 2008
• Certified Integrity Coach®
• Long & Foster® StarBuilder’s® instructor
• Graduate, Long & Foster’s Management Academy
• Richmond Association of REALTORS® MLS Committee 1993-1994
• CVRMLS/RAR MLS selection task force 1994
• Chair, Richmond Association of REALTORS® Awards Committee, 2011
• Richmond Association of REALTORS® Grievance Committee 2014-present, Chair 2015
• Richmond Chapter Women’s Council of REALTORS®, Board of Directors 2008-2014, President 2010, 2011, Richmond Member of the Year 2009
• Virginia Women’s Council of REALTORS®, Board of Directors 2010-present, President 2013, 2014, Governor 2015, Virginia Member of the Year 2012
• Certified Residential Specialist member (CRS) and designation candidate
• Licensed Real Estate Instructor, Virginia
• Founding member, Board of Directors, Build Smart Virginia (Fortified Homes) 2011-2013
• Fathom Realty, Richmond District Director, 2013 – present
• Speaker, Women’s Council of REALTORS® REALTOR® Party Convention, Washington, DC 2013
• Speaker , Women’s Council of REALTORS® National Conference, New Orleans 2014
IDX How-To & Help
Bookmarked listings are listings that you want to save and view later.
Bookmark a Listing
To Bookmark a Listing click the star icon near each listing result or the Bookmark Listing button found on each listing's details page.
If you find yourself searching for the same types of properties all the time, you needn't fill out the search form each time--create a saved search for one click access to search results.
Save a Search
To Save a Search Click the 'Save this Search!' link found at the top of any listings results page.
Daily Listing Updates
New listings matching your saved search criteria will be sent to you each day. This will keep you informed on the latest properties available.
Five Reasons to buy your home with a REALTOR®
- Get access to all the listings.
- Know all the facts on properties you're interested in.
- Negotiate with the help of a real estate professional.
- Finance your home faster.
- Make a solid investment that pays off down the road.
New homes for sale hit the market daily. As your representative, we'll be in regular contact with sellers and other real estate agents to ensure you see all the newest listings right away, whether or not they're made public. Often, our clients can put in offers with little or no competition and walk away with an impressive deal on the property of their choice. Your agent will also make sure you see only the properties that meet your needs and investment preferences, so that you don't spend time on listings that aren't of interest. As you compare the best deals, we'll provide you with important information about the home, its neighborhood, zoning issues, utilities, and nearby plans for development.
Many real estate transactions include an extensive negotiating process, and as your buyer's Agency it will be Our job to represent you here and get the best deal possible. We'll also attend property inspections, make sure any and all agreed-on repair work is carried out, and handle paperwork related to the sale. We can also help set up the financing for your invesment, and work directly with a broker to provide you with a seamless service package.
Working with a dedicated agent on your next home purchase will save you time, and add professional assurance to every step of the process. With the guarantee of a solid investment, the decision could also make you more wealthy when it's time to sell. To get in touch with us today, please contact us whenever you'd like.
Getting pre-approved for a mortgage is one of the first steps in the home buying process. I work with a host of lenders who can meet your specific needs. Simply complete the form below and I'll contact you about the best financing options available!
Five Reasons to Sell your home with a REALTOR®
- Sell with a custom marketing plan.
- Get your home listed and talked about everywhere, not just in the local paper and on your street.
- Attract buyers via the Internet.
- Have all the paperwork taken care of for you.
- Negotiate with the help of a real estate professional.
As your Seller's Agency, we'll quickly put together a custom marketing plan with an effective price. A well-priced home will often generate competing offers and drive up the final sale value. Our market analysis takes into account the most actively searched prices, and home values throughout your area, including expired listings, and properties still on the market. In marketing your home, we also develop a listing that emphasizes its unique and sellable aspects. We then put your home in front of thousands of buyers, establishing it on the local MLS as well as broader ones, new listings sheets, and Realtor publications. Our network of professional real estate contacts and buyers throughout the nation will also have the opportunity to check out your listing. In addition, we'll use the Internet, and this professionally optimized website, to make your listing highly visible. With more than 80 per cent of buyers checking the web first when looking for a home, that's a part of your marketing strategy you can't afford to miss.
Without the help of a Realtor, marketing your home can be time consuming and difficult. Advertising in the media is often expensive, and many buyers are reluctant to consider homes listed "For Sale by Owner."
When we list your home, we do so at no additional cost. When you start to get offers, we can represent you during the emotionally charged negotiating process and ensure you get the best price, with favorable closing terms that are clearly spelled out. As your professional aides, we also and take care of all paperwork related to the sale.
For most of us, our home is our biggest investment. When it's time to sell, get the value you deserve with the help of a professional Realtor. If you'd like to get in touch about your next home sale today, please contact us whenever you'd like.
What is Hometown Heroes?At Hometown Heroes, we are giving back to those men and women who help make our local communities a better place to live. Police and Fire personnel help keep our cities safe, Teachers help educate our children, Doctors and Nurses keep us in good health, city personnel keep our city infrastructure running strong and soldiers at home and abroad protect our country. Hometown Heroes is an organization designed to give back to those who help make our local communities a better place to live by minimizing the cost and stress of buying, selling or refinancing a home and providing thousands of dollars in benefits to our hometown heroes. Our hometown heroes include Military Personnel, School Teachers, Police Personnel, Fire Personnel, Medical Personnel, ISD and College Employees, and Non-Profit Employees.
We’d like to thank you for being a Hometown Hero!In appreciation of all the hard work you do in our community, we’d like to say thank you! As a token of our appreciation, we have created an exclusive rewards club designed to give back to those who serve our country and communities every day. Best of all, this club is completely FREE to you. No fees of any kind, ever! You’ve earned it. Your contribution, service and dedication have made this possible. Hometown Heroes, along with participating businesses across the country, would like to welcome you to a world of exclusive savings.
Your exclusive rewards include:
- Discounts on buying or selling a home
- Insurance discounts for auto, home, and life
- Mortgage and home refinance savings
- Everyday deals and special offers from local businesses
Are you active military, veteran, first responder, teacher/education employee, government/state employee, health care professional, or non-profit employee? If so, you are eligible for home buying discounts through the Hometown Heroes Program...and as a Hometown Heroes Preferred Partner, I can help you save thousands!
To join our exclusive rewards club, please complete the form below to contact me, or feel free to contact me directly:
For the last FOUR years in a row - Inc. 500 has included Fathom Realty as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the nation - from all industries! And most recently, we were named as the fastest growing privately held residential real estate company in the nation. Although that is wonderful recognition for us, it hasn't changed who we are or what has fueled our growth. Our motto certainly isn't original, "Whoever wants to be great must become a servant," but more and more people say they find it refreshing. As a company, the fact is we still simply exist to serve. If we get that part right, we believe growth will continue to take care of itself.
What does it look like at Fathom to "serve?" By providing our real estate professionals with support, technology, and training while encouraging, mobilizing, and equipping them to serve you, we have an atmosphere that considers others more important than ourselves. After all, we want you to experience the highest level of integrity and service when you need it most: when you are making a real estate decision.
Our goal is to ensure you are thoroughly served throughout your Fathom experience. Perhaps you can go out and do the same for someone that needs it as well? Let's change the world together (at least our corners of it!).
Thank you for placing your trust in Fathom Realty and God bless!
"Whoever wants to be great must become a servant.” Matthew 20:26